10.02.2009

Our Best Season Has Come To An End

December 2007 Acres we walk through So fruitful and glorious and the birds are chirping They bring promise like morning’s gentle hands as he strokes light on the hills No they will never stop their chirping and we are sure of that So sure that we’d bet the passion that surges pulsating through our veins Spring reassures us in every ambition as each day brings us closer to our ideal of perfection We never would have expected the trees to turn so soon or that the harsh cold could sweep me to such a different world so far from where we walked before I crave you by my side in the same comfort of perfection that we stood with before but the seasons have changed and we cannot disrupt the course of nature in her whirling confusion So I crawl into the nearest shelter where I lie alone as the cold consumes everything around me creeping into every corner even reaching into me until all that is left of you and I is coated in sterile blankets of winter fear for what we have become is all that remains and all that will come of our beautiful walks through the park if I allow this new season to define everything that we are and everything that we were So I will chose a different path today And explore this new land with clean eyes Of appreciation as we allow the season to pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

unknown photographer

unknown photographer

Sally Mann

Sally Mann